Dear Jeff and others,
Your post on all ordinary chondrites experiencing some degree of aqueous alteration has got me to wondering if some chondrites have (had) internal ice locked between and within chondrules. When these fall to Earth would it be possible for that water to return to a slightly moist state and cause internal, rusting unrelated to the usual earthly causes? Especially if the meteorite were cut open? Or did all that ancient water vaporize in space long, long ago?
Thanks for any additional light you can shed on this topic.
Bob