If you have received this month's Meteorite Magazine, there is an article in there about John Wasson, and he says that he often receives pieces of campo from people who swear they found it themselves. I would be extremely skeptical until you get it cut and etched, then classified.
Mike Farmer
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jan Bartels" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <Meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2005 3:24 PM
Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] Italian iron?

Yup...it's a true meteorite alright but for me it just looks like a
(new)Campo.
He bought it from an unknown mineral dealer who doesn't know to much about
meteorites.

Chiao!!
Jan

But its confirmed is a meteorite.....any information
where have buy etc...?

Matteo

--- Jan Bartels <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ha scritto:

Thanks so far Bernd and Matteo,

It was also hard to imagine for me there was one
avalable this size!!
I guess he just got himself a fake Italian but
still....it's a real piece
of spacejunk alright for little money, so still a
good deal i think!!

Thanks you guys....
Jan

> Jan wrote:
>
>> A friend of mine came up to me today with
>> the story he bought a 450 grams Italian iron
>
> I wonder whether it's a piece of the Barbianello,
unusually Ni-rich,
> ungrouped ataxitic IAB-IIICD iron - *very*
unlikely though but who
> knows. Unlikely because there are only 860 grams
and the main mass
> weighs 479 grams.
>
> Any comments? ... Matteo?
>
> Best wishes,