To: "Jim Strope" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2005 1:45 PM
Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] Sikhote-alin question

Those are probably the crystal face boundaries that have been burned out. Seen that before.
Matt

Jim Strope wrote:

Hi All.........

I just sold a 116 gram Sikhote-alin which has an unusual feature that the customer noticed and I had no explaination for. Take a look at the following photograph. Notice the two parallel lines on the left hand toward the middle. Does anyone have a guess as to what they may be or what caused them? They are not saw marks !!!!

http://209.238.151.128/sa116d.JPG

Thanks !!!!

Jim Strope
421 Fourth Street