At 05:31 PM 1/8/2006 -0500, Gary K. Foote wrote:
Do you carry a meteorite in your pocket regularly?
If yes, what is your favorite piece to carry?
Gary
http://www.meteorite-dealers.com

Well I carry it occasionally, but it's usually on my keyboard at home.
I bought it from Marty Tippmann (name ring a bell?). He bought a bunch of them to size, polished and etched with Widmanstätten crystallization very evident, for a entrepreneur, that wanted to mount them on golf ball heads (drivers, I think).
The guy figured since they were denser than Terran Iron, they would transfer
more energy to the ball and it would go further.
Well, after Marty showed him the $1500 worth of cut (to his specs.) and etched items, he said they were to narrow and refused delivery. So I bought two for $15 ea., one for
my now ex-girlfriend and one for me and had our names inscribed on them.
                                 http://starmon.com/fe_metri.html
I don't remember what 'fall' they are from, but maybe someone out there has a thought on that?

Think Cosmic,
Tom T
Remember: It only takes one, Ask Any Dinosaur!!
http://starmon.com