Perhaps, rather than falling like a dead rat into the division between tektites and impactites, LDG is an indicator of more of a continuous spectrum. We already admit that there are anomalies where Muong Nong tektites and some aspects of australites don't fit comfortably within tektite parameters. The meteorite community acknowledges that almost every meteorite classification has its odd ducks that show characteristics more appropriate to other groups, or fit no existing group (that's how we get new classifications!) Could there conceivably be in between stages, where the irregularities of things like LDG actually indicate a median?

Neither fish nor fowl,
Tracy Latimer