Hi Mike and Meteorite-List,

YES!  I  saw it from Tucson.  It was one of the best fireballs I've ever seen.
I was driving east on the little entrance road to "Cactus Country RV Resort" off of Houghton Road.  At 9:45 P.M. local time, I and two passengers saw a beautiful green fireball due east toward the Rincon Mountains.  It was much brighter than Venus (-4 mag); perhaps  -8 mag?  It looked like a slow, bright, green arrowhead. It started about 40 degrees above the horizon and traveled at angle of ~60 degrees from the zenith.  The light extinguished with a flash about 5 degrees above the horizon.  (My eyes were not dark adapted so I didn't identify the background stars).  It took at least 5 secs. to traverse.  About half way through the trail, it brightened to a green "arrowhead", narrowed to a normal trail, and then ended with an even brighter green "arrowhead" perhaps -10mag.

Rik Hill was observing from the UA Catalina Sky Survey's Schmidt Telescope on Mt. Bigelow and saw a sudden brightening in the wide field CCD camera.  Unfortunately no pictures.

I was amused to read that the fireball was observed eastward from Deming, New Mexico because, as is common, my companions insisted it would be found in the desert close by.  Hence the importance of multiple observations.

Good luck to all the meteorite hunters!
-Dolores Hill
Lunar & Planetary Lab
U. of Arizona

Michael Farmer wrote:
I just saw on the 10:00 pm news that a large fireball was seen over Tucson
descending behind the Rincon Mountains to the east of the city.
Anyone know of any other reports?
Mike Farmer

PS: I have just returned from a meteorite hunting trip, and have a brand new
Lunar (actually two) to report.

News out soon, but one of our very own list members has found TWO new moon
rocks in the last 40 days while searching for meteorites with me!