Hello Bernd, Tracy, All,
Anyone can make a statement look good if they exclude all contrary evidence.
Aside from Allende(2+t), Tagish Lake (10kg), and NWA 801(unknown kg)?

Murchison 100+kg
DaG CO3's with a main mass of 95kg alone
Kainsaz 200+kg
Karoonda ~50kg
Even Bencubbin and Gujba were at least a hundred kilos each.

Anyone know of others?  I admit didn't put too much time into the research for this...just quick tkw referencing.

Tracy's original statement of "...don't they seem to mostly fall in clumps of only a few stones?" applies to all meteorite types, not just carbonaceous chondrites.  Have a look at the catalogue of meteorites; the first page alone is enough for me, but if you continue reading, you'll see what I mean.

If there's any discrepancy in these ratios at all, my best guess is that it would be due to their greater tendency to fragment while in the atmosphere due to their increased relative friability to other meteorites.  Either that or the fact that many tend to turn into mud within a few days or weeks of falling.

Yeah, there aren't too many large falls, but then again, how many large falls are there in general?  Not many.....

Regards,
Jason