To: "Greg Hupe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com>
Sent: Monday, August 28, 2006 12:59 PM
Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] Moss, polished piece photos

No, it is carbonaceous. When you touch it, your hands
come away with black powder. I have seen enough
carbonaceous chondrites to recognize one. If it turns
out to be something else, it would be one of the
strangest meteorites on the planet. I think everyone
who has seen a piece in person agrees that it is
carbonaceous, including every scientist so far.
Mike

--- Greg Hupe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Mike and List,

With that much metal and some chodrules, would an
"H" chondrite be a
possibility? For some reason "Zag" is popping into
my brain with regard to
the photos. This will be an interesting one once the
scientists study it.

Thanks for the photos.

Best regards,
Greg