To: <meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com>
Sent: Friday, October 06, 2006 12:34 PM
Subject: [meteorite-list] Duck Chondrule

The 5-billionaires group are a bunch con artists and idiots.

Look at their latest "Duck Chondrule" offering, this is definitely one for the books:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Duck-chondrule-155g-8-Slice-STONY-METEORITE-VERY-RARE_W0QQitemZ230036197978QQihZ013QQcategoryZ3239QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I don't think they have ever sold a real meteorite. They know they are selling garbage and are trying to rip-off the public. Just look how hard they try to convince their audience that these are real meteorites. They run a magnet with a sticky substance on it all over a supposed Nantan in one auction. If this were a real iron meteorite, the magnet would jump out of there hands. In another auction, they zoom in on light colored objects claiming they are chondrules.

This reminds me of the Shirokovsky pallasite webpage images complete with divers and a poor story where every stone weighed exactly 50 kilograms, the size of a crucible. I remember you could not make out any the faces of the hunters on this web presence, I wonder why? This new group is brash enough to think that meteorite collectors are stupid enough to jump all over a $28,000.00 Earth rock. Billionaires, give me a break, they should call themselves penny-aires because that is what a lot of their items are selling for except for one unsuspecting person who paid several hundred for a fake meteorite.

I would love to run into this group in Tucson. I would buy them a round of Denver Death Cookies and extract a confession from them. By the way, I owe some Margaritas on a lost wager that I will make good on at the next show.

Take Care,

Adam