Here is a definition from pg 908 of Meteorites in the Early Solar System II,
Lauretta and McSween, editors, that might help answer the question. It is a
great book, that for the Glossary alone meteorite enthusiasts should get a copy
of.

"chondrite-- originally defined as a meteorite that contained chondrules; now
also implies a bulk chemical composition, for all but the most volatile
elements, that is not far removed from that of the Sun."

Devin Schrader