Hello Gary and all. I started with meteorites that I had found and then I
started to buy some and so on. My collecting has now spilled over into Gold,
some of which I have found. But I have also bought and traded for some of
it. Then I found myself acquiring knives, it started with a Gibeon knife
then a Campo knife. Now I have a couple regular knives in my display
cabinet. Then I noticed some really cool cabs made from interesting rocks
and I have started a small collection of different cabs and rock specimens.
I also do a lot of metal detecting so I find some interesting junk (I call
them treasures) so I also  have a collection of rusty cans nails and other
interesting items that have been dug up or found in old junk piles. I even
have a Samurai sword, but they are way too expensive to collect very many, 1
sword from the mid 1700's costs 6k ouch!
So I guess I love to collect and meteorites just got me started!