Hello All,

Triple junctions (grain boundaries meeting at [near] 120° angles) are a
well-known
phenomenon in acapulcoites, several SNCs, ureilites, winonaites, in Itqiy, and
a few
other meteorites. But they seem to be rather rare in diogenites. The only
diogenites
I was able to locate in my databases in which such triple junctions have been
reported
are the Antarctic diogenites GRA 98108 and MET 001060.

So I am very pleased to report the occurrence of a cluster/an aggregate of six
(!) crystals
(five [ortho]pyroxene + one plagioclase crystal) meeting in triple junction in
my Bilanga
thin section.

This cluster of first-order colors is flanked by two dazzling,
purple-blue-violet-red
crystals (they almost steal the "triple junction show" ;-) which are probably
olivines
although they display cleavages that look suspiciously like cleavages seen in
pyroxenes!

So neat, so cute, so beautiful, so gorgeous, so exciting, ... getting emotional
;-)

Good night,

Bernd