RE:  Thin Section Maker

Stay tuned.

I will soon have several nice thin sections up for sale with an AD
here on this list.  These are as good or even better than the others
that I have previously made.  Eventually, me and my partner will have
a thin section site up.  But for now I will list these as I make them.

Steve Schoner
IMCA #4470

[meteorite-list] Petrographic Thin Section Maker

bernd . pauli
Thu, 29 Mar 2007 12:50:11 -0800

Capt'n Blood:

I have never used ANY other thin section maker. Cost is way higher
than others, but product is vastly superior...He also takes MONTHS
to get things made ...

Good things do take time, as we all know. A superior product even
longer!

Paul and others may also be interested in this piece of information:

Our very own Steve Schoner has also started producing his own thin
sections.
So far I've only acquired one of these, the Potter TS + the 1.2-gram
slice this
TS was cut from. To be able to say how professional Steve's thin
sections are,
I would have to see several different TS, especially ones with lots of
chondrules,
or ones with colorful crystals (brachinites, acapulcoites, etc.), ones
with a
lot
of delicate details, etc.

But, maybe, Steve would like to chime in and share his perspective!