Fellow Listoids,

Sorry if this post comes thru twice.  I sent it yesterday and it failed to show
up in the digest.

-----

My favorite meteorite in my 'never sell' collection is an unclassified NWA I
received in late
2005 or early 2006.  It is half of an individual with exceptional primary crust
and spectacular
oriented flowlines.  It also features a gigantic chondrule.

The fractured face is lightly secondary melted and shows a lot of detail.  The
primary crust
can be seen edge on in the fractured face.  It is quite thick.  I thought about
polishing the
fractured face, but have pretty much decided against it as, to my eye, it is
spectacular to
behold without polishing.  I may yet polish it but then again who knows.
Ahhhh...  the choices
we have to make :)

The first pic [links below] is of the primary crusted half with the chondrule
and clearly shows
the oriented flowlines.  The second pic is of the fractured face.  Pic #1 is
very large so the
detail shows up clearly.  Pic #2 is of the fractured face and is a bit smaller
than pic #1.

http://www.webbers.com/meteorites/images/halfloaf5.jpg
http://www.webbers.com/meteorites/images/halfloaf-lipping.jpg

I look at this specimen closely almost every day and some new detail always
pops out to me.

What is your favorite meteorite in your collection?  Got Pics?

Gary Foote