The Gold Basin cake has been made every year by Cakes by Clara here in Tucson. I will wrap some Gold Basins in aluminum foil and have Clara push a few in here and there after she bakes it but before she frosts it and decorates it per my color photo of the Gold Basin strewn field which I always give her. I make sure she has a rattlesnake by the Gold Basin sign (sign not there any more at the field but the snake may be lurking), a beautiful bright orange sunset over light blue mountains and lots of Joshua trees and little bushes on the ground. Later I add a few of my miniature chocolate truffles that I make to make it look like it did when Jim, John and I first mapped the field and there were GB meteorites all over the place. Yes they really were...

Twink Monrad