I'm one who took advantage of the meeting in Tucson last August and the incredible field trips that were available through the Society. Check out my article in the latest issue of Meteorite.
Jerry Flaherty
To: <meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com>
Sent: Saturday, April 19, 2008 12:45 PM
Subject: [meteorite-list] Fwd: Meteoritical Society Membership

Mike M. wrote: "Hi everyone, I guess I have completely missed this organization. What are the benefits of joining? I am guessing they don't have a representative here on the list?"
Hello Mike,
The Meteoritical Society is the society founded by Nininger and Leonard and publishes scientific journals, including as a footnote, the Meteoritical Bulletin. The MB is where meteorite classifications are approved by the Nomenclature committee of the Meteoritical Society. The former head of the NomCom is on the list (Dr. Grossman), and many list members are also members of the Met Soc. The benefits of joining? You get MAPS, the journal of Meteoritics and reduces rates on another.
As for 'representatives' on the list, well some are here,
check out their website on www.meteoriticalsociety.org and you can see who ...
Best wishes, Doug
-----Original Message----- From: Mike Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: tett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; Meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com Sent: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 12:01 pm Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] Meteoritical Society Membership