Hi everyone -

36m diameter by 6 meters deep? I wonder what this means in explosive force.
Anyone have the Sikote Ailin numbers at hand?

Speaking of distribution, I suspect that the fragments must have dispersed over
a wide area. Again, Sikote Ailin numbers for comparison would be handy.

One puzzling aspect is the impact glasses they mention. I don't remember ever
seeing any glasses from SA, so I'm wondering if their airburst hypothesis is
correct. Perhaps the glasses they found came from a different impact.

I didn't go that far north in my book, so I'm wondering who was around that
area in 880-990 CE.

E.P. Grondine
Man and Impact in the Americas