To: <meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2008 5:52 PM
Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] AD- Catalog of the Antarctic Meteorites VERYRare Book

A respected and important member of the meteorite community checked out the provenance of the last offerings on eBay by Bob Evans and they turned out to be shady to say the least. It looks like Bob Evans was selling stones with fake Monnig provenance according to his own source. Wouldn't this constitute fraud on a felony level? Can't something be done to stop this guy? When he comes back out of hiding after his latest rip off scams I say flame him until he crawls back into the scum from whence he came.

Phil Whitmer
Joshua Tree Earth & Space Museum