Fully agreed - definitely one of the best public meteorite displays on the
planet in this great old and famous Natural History Museum in central Vienna,
and if you ever go there to pay a visit to all the rarities and beauties,
please donĀ“t miss that famous Hraschina iron in a cabinet on a floor a bit
distant from hall V, one of the absolute highlights!

As far as I know they, as many or even most of the other big European museums,
have big financial troubles to maintain their collection(s), let alone of
advancing them by new aquisitions, but they try by sort of means of public
endeavours, and that should hopefully work in the end...

Alex
Berlin/Germany

-------- Original-Nachricht --------