Dear List and Dorothy,

I had the honor to visit, talk with both Richard and Dorothy during my many visits to Tucson and in a number of emails. Richard always had time for anyone interested in our shared hobby of meteorites. Even those just starting out. I always viewed Richard as the modern day Nininger of our time, doing more for the hobby than anyone that I can think of. Especially through his books on the subject. He will live on in those books and in our hearts and minds and the knowledge that we now hold due to much of his effort.

The Nortons were more than just part of our community but more like the respected mom and dad that I and many others looked up to and set a standard for true learning and knowledge of our shared hobby. Always kind, always helpful and always expanding my knowledge as well as the many others. Like many of you I often suggested the RFS book for people staring out in our hobby. I felt that with this great resource we would have yet another person in and to share this wonderful hobby.

Sadly Richard will be missed and as many have said, there will be a very big hole left in our community. Special people like Richard only grace our lives once in a great while. Lets honor him by trying to be even a little helpful as he always was so others can be lead down the interesting meteorite path.

My thoughts go out to all the Norton Family and especially Dorothy for her extraordinary kindness.

--AL Mitterling