Hi Erik and all,

Don't the snakes come out at night and warm themselves on the still toasty rocks??

--AL Mitterling

----- Original Message ----- From: "Erik Fisler" <erikfw...@msn.com>
To: "meteorite-list" <meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com>
Sent: Friday, July 03, 2009 4:17 PM
Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] HOT Meteorite Hunting

The heat isn't that bad at night. It's only 90 degrees at night with
a warm breeze at franconia.  Just strap a maglight to your detector
and grab a head light and 20 AA batteries and your good.
I've found that I find more at night because I wander aimlessly
instead of hitting the spots that look good to everyone else who
walks through the field.  We hunted till 9am when it got up to 110 degrees
and then we drove to Needles and slept in an ice cold motel room
till the sun set before grabbing  "breakfast" and heading back out to
Franconia.

Here is a video of a night hunt we did about a year ago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5gDa6dJ5Ac

[Erik]