Great question Greg, and excellent answers by list members in response! I was amazed at the prices quoted for some of the specimens - astronomical!

For those who cannot afford such meteorites or their prices, I offer something a little more down-to-earth on ebay this week, where Bassikounou, Chergach, NWA pallasite, NWA oriented chondrite and Campos are still very affordable ... some still as low as 99ยข All are quality pieces that can be seen here for the auction ending Saturday:

http://shop.ebay.com/fujmon/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

gary