Hi all, a very special email today... Thank you for reading. ;)

A Must See! - Halley's Comet Nucleus
http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap100104.html

Interesting factoid: "...This debris shed from Halley's nucleus eventually disperses into an orbiting trail responsible for the Orionids meteor shower..."

Though most people on this list probably know this, you'll have to forgive me for not knowing because I usually don't follow meteor showers.... ;) It's particularly meaningful to us for a very special reason and it added to our excitement. Why were we excited?

Recently we found out we're having a baby girl. Like most expecting parents we had picked out names for a girl and a boy. We chose astronomical names of course! ;) Jaime chose the name Haley if it happened to be a girl and I chose Orion if it were a boy. What we didn't know is that there was a connection between Halley's Comet and the Orion constellation. You're probably smiling to yourself right about now because you guys already know it is the famous meteor shower that radiates from that point in space in the form of the Orionids!

Now That's Cool!

Regards,
Eric Wichman
Meteorites USA