Hello Everyone,

As we all know, some meteorites originate from the asteroid Vesta. We can hold these meteorites in our hands, but how many have actually seen the parent body of the these wonderful meteorites.

Phil Harrington is a regular contributor at Cloudy Nights. Phil is a "big name" in the area of binocular astronomy. This month's Binocular Universe article features a nice chart of how to spot Vesta, which is in the constellation Leo.

http://www.cloudynights.com/item.php?item_id=2402

It's an easy target.  I observed it recently through my 7 x 50 binoculars.

Clear skies,

-Walter Branch