Hi Steve & List,

I would also be interested if something already exists...

But making a database (using just Excel or other similar spreadsheet program, I'm also okay using MS Access) wouldn't be hard, but what fields should be included?

Since I'm also new to collecting, I wouldn't know off the top of my head what notes to make sure I record with my acquisitions...

I've noticed that generic info about a meteorite is usually included in the eBay descriptions and that's easy enough to copy, but what things about my specific specimen should I take note of??

Also, any advice on how best to display them? (one came with an acrylic easel...)

(11 meteorites with 2 on the way)

Clear Skies!
Elizabeth

Steve Witt wrote:
Greetings list,

I remember several years ago that one of the list members (I think) had a
meteorite database available on CD. It was simply a matter of downloading to
your computer and it formed the framework for keeping all pertinent info on
your collection, including a place for photos.

Is there something like this still available? If not I would like to ask that
those that do catalogue their collections please give me some ideas on what
programs you are using. I really have no idea of where to start. Any and all
feedback would be greatly appreciated. And if there are any computer geeks on
the list, a CD like the one I mentioned would probably sell quite well here on
the list.

thanx,
Steve

Steve Witt