CONGRATS Sonny! Cool find. The crust looks pretty good. Curious what the age is of that stone.

Eric

On 9/12/2010 2:23 PM, wahlpe...@aol.com wrote:
Hi Bernd,

Thanks, yes it is the 12.2 gram chondrite. Even though it's small, I can't explain the feeling of a new find.

Sonny

-----Original Message-----
From: bernd.pa...@paulinet.de
To: Meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com
Sent: Sun, Sep 12, 2010 2:07 pm
Subject: [meteorite-list] New USA Chondrite find

Sonny wrote:"Here is a new chondrite that I found last week while exploring aremote area. The fusion crust is still visible after all of these years."http://www.nevadameteorites.com/nevadameteorites/ORDINARY_CHONDRIT ES.htmlHi Sonny and List,Sincere congratulations on your latest US chondrite find! I assume you're talkingabout this 12.2-gram chondrite. Exceptionally interesting is that even though thismeteorite looks quite weathered, the remnant fusion crust looks quite fresh as ifthe fusion crust had "weathered" the weathering influences!Best wishes fromrainy Germany,Bernd______________________________________________Visit the Archives at http://www.meteoritecentral.com/mailing-list-archives.htmlMeteorite-list mailing listmeteorite-l...@meteoritecentral.comhttp://six.pairlist.net/mailman/li
stinfo/meteorite-list