Hello Dave & List,

Dave, thanks for sharing this article. I found it very interesting and admit that I had never given a second thought to the possibility of meteorites being buried in sedimentary rock just as once living organisms. I also found the information on their fossilization very cool. Thanks again for sharing. For anyone who has not read it yet, it's a short, yet informative article.

As for your stones, Dave, I am not a minerologist, so I will not speculate on their type. If I were to give a guess though, I'd say they're terrestrial.

Aloha!

Matt

Quoting Dave Myers <whitefalcons...@yahoo.com>:

Hi List,

Has anyone read this great artical about meteorites being found in Ordivician
fossil limestone.
After reading it I starting searching months ago. And found 2 very interesting
stones, One looks like it could be a diogenite and the other stone has a
subophitic texture like some lunars and a few Angrites

So here is a link to the artical if you have not read it,
http://www.psrd.hawaii.edu/Mar04/fossilMeteorites.html

and second is link is to my face book page with pictures of what I found and
where they were found, Just wondering are they worth getting tested, I do not
want to waste money if there not.

Thanks for any info.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?aid=47781&id=100000209843157