There is no map.

Jeff

On 12/19/2010 12:05 PM, Greg Catterton wrote:

> From what I have seen, Algeria seems like a place that is not export friendly

From: Jeff Grossman<jgross...@usgs.gov>
Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] Quick Question about Sahara xxxxx finds
To: meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com
Date: Sunday, December 19, 2010, 11:52 AM
Parts of Algeria are included in the
definition of NWA.

As for export laws, you tell me!

Jeff

On 12/19/2010 11:34 AM, Greg Catterton wrote:
Thanks for the info Jeff. I have a couple
questions...
Algeria, Niger, and Libya were all possible
collection
areas, and these are not in the NWA area, which is
defined
as "Morocco and adjacent parts of the surrounding
countries."
If this is the case, how do recent Lunars like NWA
2996, 4483 and 5151 become NWA stones when they were found
in Algeria?
Given export laws (however foolish they are) shouldnt
these require export permits to own like Canadian and
Argentina falls since Algeria does not allow export?
Greg Catterton
www.wanderingstarmeteorites.com
IMCA member 4682
On Ebay: http://stores.shop.ebay.com/wanderingstarmeteorites