To: "Adam" <meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2011 3:57 PM
Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] Test your Meteorite Knowledge,Win a Free Assortment of Micromounts!

As far as Antarctic finds go, the numbers are skewed and biased. Every fragment is counted as a find. The finds from Antarctica are only a fraction of what they once were. Pretty soon, it won't be cost effective to work this area. If they counted the number of meteorites from Northwest Africa the same way, then there would easily be over one million pieces. There must be over 100,000 pieces of NWA 869 alone! The Sahara Desert is by far the most productive meteorite producing region in the world, second to none! More weight and rare specimens
have come from this area by far.

Best Regards,

Adam