Interesting... I've been having the same problem. I'm deploying to a VPS at
digitalocean.com running Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit. If I reboot the server I can
deploy successfully for awhile, but after some time (an hour or two)
something begins killing the migration step. If I log on to the server and
run the command from the command line it gets killed there as well. My next
step is to stand up a 32 bit Ubuntu 12.04 VPS and test whether things work
better since I have never seen this problem on another 32 bit server I'm
running.

What are the specifics of your server?  If you reboot your server and run
fab deploy (soon after rebooting) does it complete successfully?