On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 2:35 PM, Josh Cartmell <joshcar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks again for the help Steve!  I ended up figuring it out and feel a bit
> silly now, I had some CDN hosted javascript inside the compress template tag
> resulting in an incompressible file error.
>
> My biggest question at this point is which log file should I have found that
> in.  I'm still wondering if gunicorn produces a separate log file from
> niginx and supervisor.
>
> Thanks!

Josh,

You can configure both access and error logs for gunicorn using the
following directives in the gunicorn invocation or config file (here
its a different syntax than below, but should be pretty obvious to
figure out):

--access-logfile /path/to/log-access.log
--log-file /path/to/log-error.log

I use both nginx for access logs and the above for logging with
gunicorn at the moment. This is mainly because I wanted to make sure I
wouldn't miss anything important. I suspect that using gunicorn's
access-logfile is redundant with nginx, but the --log-file (error log)
has been helpful.

It might also be worth noting that I don't use the fabfile or any
deploy config shipped with Mezzanine. It simply did not fit for my
requirements on Hardened Gentoo. It was helpful to read, in any case.

Thanks,
Matt