Well, since it is now possible to mark settings for translation I thought
it would be a good idea to use it on SHOP_CURRENCY_LOCALE too. Obviously
non-editable settings don’t have a ``Setting`` instance and are thus
non-translatable. So I made SHOP_CURRENCY_LOCALE editable too. Since
``mezzanine.conf.settings`` manages it I such a way that if the setting is
defined in settings.py it is considered non-editable whatever
``register_setting`` says, I guess it does not change anything when
upgrading mezzanine/cartridge. If SHOP_CURRENCY_LOCALE was defined in
settings.py, it will still keep its value, otherwise it won't have any
value and will fallback for the systeme locale for any language. But the
latter will enable the translatable admin.

But I can be wrong.

As for South, the issue is exactly the same than field injection:
http://mezzanine.jupo.org/docs/model-customization.html#field-injection-caveats

Either you use the same solution, or you use the management commands
provided by django-modeltranslation (./manage.py sync-translation-fields
and optionnaly ./manage.py update-translation-fields).