I just saw this happen as well, for me moving {% include
"includes/footer_scripts.html" %} in the <head> of base.html out of the
compress tag fixed it.  I'm not sure when or why it was moved to the head
(it used to be in the footer like's it's path implies) but that seems to be
at least partially responsible for the problem.