It just uses the width/height attributes found on the image tag
itself, which should always be present for the target use case, eg
Filebrowser -> TinyMCE.

So it's actually the content author who defines it using whatever
WYSIWYG editor is configured.

You can see the code here which is pretty minimal:

https://github.com/stephenmcd/mezzanine/blob/master/mezzanine/utils/html.py#L41-L61

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 2:54 PM, Eduardo Rivas <jerivasmel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Awesome news, and really looking forward for 3.2!
>
> I have some questions regarding thumbnails in RichText fields. What size
> will they be? Can they be configured in some way by content editors, or
> developers? I made a quick search on the docs (which already report as
> 3.1.5) for "thumbnail" and couldn't find anything besides the function's
> docstring.
>
> --

Stephen McDonald
http://jupo.org