Nice work Ed, that's awesome.

Webfaction's always been one of the most popular deployment targets, yet
suffers from some inconsistencies with vanilla virtual servers - awesome to
have a tool that solves that problem.

Do you want to add a link in the list of apps in Mezzanine's README, and to
the Mezzanine grid on Django Packages (
https://www.djangopackages.com/grids/g/mezzanine/)? If not I'll do it.

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 3:27 PM, Eduardo Rivas <jerivasmel...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello everyone! Since I started with Mezzanine/Django I've been deploying
> my sites to Webfaction <http://www.webfaction.com?affiliate=jerivas>
> (that's a referral link). Even though their one-click installers are great,
> they make it hard to keep your Django version up to date and automate the
> deployment process. For that you need to go beyond the official docs
> (however, tutorials are not hard to find). I decided to create my own
> version of the Fabric script that ships with Mezzanine and automate the
> whole deployment process using the Webfaction API (knowing that Webfaction
> accounts don't have root access to install stuff). And so, Mezzanine-WebF
> <https://github.com/jerivas/mezzanine-webf> was born. I have used it
> internally for months and others have given it a shot, providing valuable
> feedback and bug fixes, so I'm confident it's reached an acceptable
> stability.
>
> So, if you would like to automate deployment of Mezzanine sites to a
> Webfaction shared hosting account, this is the tool for the job. Feel free
> to report any bugs you find on Github's issue tracker and contribute fixes
> if you can. Please note you should be familiar enough with
> Django/Mezzanine, Fabric, and Webfaction to use the tool, and please read
> the README. I hope it helps a few. Here's the link again:
> https://github.com/jerivas/mezzanine-webf.
>
> --

Stephen McDonald
http://jupo.org