I am trying to figure out a way to do reverse Tax calculation for Invoice
Purposes,

Here is the scenario,

On product pages, the user only sees the Retail Price (Selling Price + Tax)
i.e. the out of pocket price.

But when the invoice is generated it should include have the breakdown for
INDIVIDUAL items the following
- Selling Price of Product (which would be lesser than Retail Price by the
amount of Tax)
- No of Units
- Tax Type (VAT or Other Type)
- Total Tax for Item
-  Item Total = no. of units X item price + total item_tax

The order_totals only does total tax.

I was trying to change the following templates
"shop/includes/order_details.html"  to have tax details for individual
items. My Reverse calculation would be as follows
  - Individual Item tax = (item.price * tax_rate) / (100+tax_rate)
  - Selling Price = Retail Price - Individual Item tax

I was thinking of doing the maths in order_details.html template but then I
will need some math filters.

Also, i am not sure if "cartridge-tax" will accomplish this? I am already
using a custom order form and whether if I will have to change that if I
use "cartridge-tax"

How to go about it?