> I hope this doesn't sound like a criticism of Django, they can't know
what they're breaking if no one tells them.

yep, it's hard to question a lot of things about other libre/open source
projects without seeming ungrateful.

i'm a libre software developer myself so i'm keenly aware of all the
problems resulting from the reality of time strapped volunteers and trying
to release in a timely fashion.

> I hope I've been able to make things a tiny bit clearer for everyone who
has been questioning the lapse in releasing.

i can't speak for anyone else but for me the question was really "is it
thought the current release situation with mezz an anomaly or that the pace
of django change is gonna cause ongoing problems?",  so that's been fully
and clearly addressed by Ed and yourself. thanks.

and i echo Asif's sentiments with please enjoy your holiday and thanks a
huge bunch for all your fantastic effort on mezz so far, it's great
software. ;)