Thanks Tom, i found the problem.

I was deploying at dokku-alt + Digital Ocean (not exactly Heroku) and the
problem was that Heroku automatically sets a database for you (based on the
configurations). With dokku-alt you have to install a plugin (a postgres
docker container) and only after that the container knows about the
database.

I had another problem too with S3: i had to enable Cross-origin requests to
use the static elements from the bucket.

In fact i had a lot of issues, all related to dokku-alt, but i found my
way. I pretend to post a tutorial about deployment on dokku-alt.

The rest is like Heroku, but cheaper ;-)

  [image: photo]
*Flavio Barros*
Doutorando, Unicamp
 w:www.flaviobarros.net

<https://www.linkedin.com/profile/public-profile-settings?trk=prof-edit-edit-public_profile>
Meu Blog Handwritten digit recognition – Part1
<http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/FlavioBarros/~3/dlnBN09FQAI/>
 "When i die i would rather be remembered for my accomplishments not my
personality" - Kenneth waters Jr
<https://www.quotesdaddy.com/quote/1422441/kenneth-waters-jr/when-i-die-i-would-rather-be-remembered-for-my-accomplishments>
 Get a signature like this:
<https://ws-stats.appspot.com/r?rdata=eyJydXJsIjogImh0dHA6Ly93d3cud2lzZXN0YW1wLmNvbS8/dXRtX3NvdXJjZT1leHRlbnNpb24mdXRtX21lZGl1bT1lbWFpbCZ1dG1fY2FtcGFpZ249cHJvbW9fNDUiLCAiZSI6ICJwcm9tb180NV9jbGljayJ9>