On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 7:45 AM, Danny <molo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm doing a new development using Mezzanine master and Django 1.8.1, and
> I've got a model that derives from Orderable,
> with appropriate admin stuff set up for it too.
>
> In Mezzanine 3.1.10, the "_order" field was just an integer, so it was
> easy to edit, but with the latest mezzanine, it's now been replaced with
> the wonderful drag-and-drop arrows. Except, for my new model, they don't
> drag and drop!

These have always been drag/drop - the previous behaviour you've seen was a
bug. Likely candidate is JavaScript not being hosted correctly. Anyway
you're now seeing what should have always worked :-)

> Is there something I'm missing with respect to admin setup, or
> templates/css/js that I need to add so that the new model has the same
> drag/drop functionality as e.g. pages or the inlines for form fields?

Take a look at the models and admin classes in mezzanine.forms that makes
full use of this, particularly the admin class for your inlines:
https://github.com/stephenmcd/mezzanine/blob/master/mezzanine/forms/admin.py#L38

> I did have a look at, e.g.
> https://github.com/stephenmcd/mezzanine/blob/master/mezzanine/core/static/mezzanine/js/admin/dynamic_inline.js#L43
> but am not sure if there's something subtle I'm missing that I need to do
> to make it work.
> Is it possible I need to install grapelli_safe from github master as well?
> (I haven't done that yet, just using what's on PyPi)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Seeya. Danny.
>
> --

Stephen McDonald