The staged server have the locale correctly set ( see at end of my message
the settings).
Steps on my Staged server - Amazon Ec2 - Ubuntu 14
- stopped supervisor and nginx on my staged machine
- switched my staged machine to run using - python manage runserver
0.0.0.0:8000
- put "printf value" statement in the "currency" filter under shop_tags.py
now when i browse (using windows machine) the site running on ec2 machine I
have NO issues with the Product prices, Cart total etc..Both the Browser
and the printf values match

However, when I switch the machine to nginx and start browsing from windows
machine, i start getting the incorrect prices (alternate between correct
and wrong) when
- I press the different products or go back and forth from cart to product
pages
- Switching between incorrect price and correct prices happens everytime
when I goto my payment processor and click the back button again to website
(neglecting browser warnings that page has expired). BUT this doesn't
happens when site running from "python manage runserver"

ex: Rs.249 is displayed as Rs.250 and Rs.349 as Rs.350. clicking the same
link toggles between those 2 values

Help is greatly appreciated as i am near completion and can't figure this
ambiguous behavior.
My development is on Local Machine a Ubuntu 12.01LTS and I was testing
using "python manage runserver" on 127.0.0.0:8000... This is working as
expected

locale command on ubuntu-14 amazon-ec2
LANG=en_IN
LANGUAGE=en_IN:en
LC_CTYPE="en_IN"
LC_NUMERIC="en_IN"
LC_TIME="en_IN"
LC_COLLATE="en_IN"
LC_MONETARY="en_IN"
LC_MESSAGES="en_IN"
LC_PAPER="en_IN"
LC_NAME="en_IN"
LC_ADDRESS="en_IN"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_IN"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_IN"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_IN"
LC_ALL=

The currencies symbol is correctly shown on the browser. However, i the
prices change sometimes alternately and sometimes randomly. Correct price
is 249. it switches between 249 and 250 when i click the same page or cart
button. the cart total is updated