I"m wondering how to create a new product image directly without the admin.

Using a package that defines the following

def upload_receive( request ): """ Returns the file(s) uploaded by the user.
""" return request.FILES['files[]'] if request.FILES else None
I tried to create a Product image with the following which works in non
cartridge fields,

f = upload_receive(request)
instance = ProductImage.objects.create(file=f, product_id=2)

I get *** TypeError: expected string or buffer