Well by the lack of responses I guess I need to reduce/clarify my question;

If you can give me a high level: This is your best direction; I can take it
from there and get the grunt work done and come back with more specific
questions (ala code snippets) -- I just want to make sure I've not
completely thrown myself off track with the direction I'm taking.