I can actually reproduce this using latest grappelli-safe

The patch resolved the issue for the site permission field, but I get
duplicate fields for profile fields.

Not sure what the solution is but I've opened an issue here:

https://github.com/stephenmcd/mezzanine/issues/1449

Stephen McDonald
http://jupo.org