On 12/11/2015 5:22 AM, Neum Schmickrath wrote:
I have a layout I'm working on that has a sidebar that displays a sub-menu of the child pages of the current page being viewed. On category pages I can easily test if there are child categories by using {% if child_categories %} and then showing the sidebar. On pages is there a similar processor that I'm missing somehow? I don't want to display an empty sidebar if there won't be any links there.

The navigation menu from the left hand side of Mezzanine default uses this:

https://github.com/stephenmcd/mezzanine/blob/master/mezzanine/pages/templates/pages/menus/tree.html#L20

page.has_children_in_menu

Would this work?

There's also an attribute "has_children" set on the page in the page_menu template tag:

https://github.com/stephenmcd/mezzanine/blob/master/mezzanine/pages/templatetags/pages_tags.py#L84

I'm sure both of these might point you in the right direction.

Seeya. Danny.