Hello,

any idea why the decision do not comply to Bootstrap rules and do it its
own way ?

I did mean html forms, for example. By the mezzanine.css
<https://bitbucket.org/stephenmcd/mezzanine/src/022a65d7ec313a70434dc195bed536157267da7d/mezzanine/core/static/css/mezzanine.css?at=default&fileviewer=file-view-default#mezzanine.css-223>

comment, breaking *.form-control* style is intended. I just can't
understand why you
*"can not directly apply CSS classes to the form fields"* ?

This way any standard customizations to parental .form-group and form
elements do not apply. So if I'd like now to make some form in horizontal
or inline style, setting appropriate class name in a template is not enough
and need to monkey-patch Mezzanine's or Cartridge's form constructors to
add missing class to field's widget attribute. Find unnecessarily
complicated, if you'd ask.

Did I missed something ?