Thanks, Eduardo -- I get the sense from the documentation you refer to that
this technique only works on page models that are subclassed from Page
itself, as Author is in that example.

Rodrigo is recommending this approach, so I guess I'll do it, but it seems
a little odd to me that I need to create a whole new page model (with
identical fields) simply to tweak the base template a little bit -- for one
thing, I have several pages that are currently RichTextPages and will have
to be converted to FooRichTextPages and for another, it's going to add to a
growing list of models to administer down the left hand side of my admin
page.

Thank you for taking the time to reply,
Best wishes,
Chris

On 4 May 2016 at 18:12, Eduardo Rivas <jerivasmel...@gmail.com> wrote:

> From the docs I get the idea that hierarchy-based templates should be
> working. Have you tried this?
> http://mezzanine.jupo.org/docs/content-architecture.html#page-templates
> You may have found a bug if it doesn't work that way.
>
> Assuming that doesn't work, here are other options for your consideration:
>
> Option1: Create a template tag that optionally renders the snippet you
> want based on the slug of the current page, use it in base.html so it's
> always available. You can store all slugs that should show the login block
> in a setting, and have the tag read that.
>
> Option 2: Create a page processor for all pages that checks the slug and
> injects a context variable to let you decide in-template if you should
> render the block.
>

> --

Learning Scientific Programming with Python
scipython.com: | @scipython3 <https://twitter.com/scipython3>