I remember doing something similar. My general approach is to set the form's "action" attribute to the external site, so the actual POST request is handled by them. This request usually has just the amount and maybe a charge description and ID. Then the user is taken to their site, and inputs all the credit card data. The payment processor should let you define a "return" url, and the user should come back to your site via that. You have to create a view that will handle GET or POST params to complete the Order instance in Cartridge. After that you can redirect to the Order receipt or the Order history.