Thanks for the response!  I got it working again by running

manage.py migrate --fake

(when ya can't beat 'em, fake 'em!).

I still don't understand though.  Before faking, if I ran showmigrations:

pages
 [X] 0001_initial
 [X] 0002_auto_20141227_0224
 [X] 0003_auto_20150527_1555
 [X] 0004_auto_20160718_2204
 [X] 0005_auto_20160718_2214
 [X] 0006_auto_20160719_0018
 [X] 0007_auto_20160719_0018
 [X] 0008_auto_20160719_0122
 [X] 0009_auto_20160719_0124
 [X] 0010_auto_20160719_0127
 [X] 0011_auto_20160719_0130
 [X] 0012_auto_20160719_0149
 [ ] 0013_auto_20160719_0205
 [ ] 0014_auto_20160719_0702
 [ ] 0015_auto_20160719_0806

Pages is a mezzanine app.  So where are 0013-0015?  They aren't in my
'django_migrations' table because the migrations haven't been applied.  For
my apps, I can see the myapp/migrations/*.py files for unapplied migrations
and delete them.

So, if mezz's builtin apps have their migrations wired into the source,
does that mean there's a 0013_auto_20160719_0205.py somewhere in my
virtualenv folder?  I didn't extend/inject any of mezzanine's models, so I
wonder why migrations for them are being made at all.