In my Mezzanine application I have got the following Use case:

I have got different types of users. Depending on the type of user new
users should receive different types of verification mail (i.e.
signup_verify). In one case the new user should also get an email with an
attachment. If I read the Mezzanine code correctly this is not possible
with "standard" Mezzanine as verification_type is used as verification link
and mail template.

Therefore I did the following:

I created a custom "signup" function based on the build-in function and
allowing for an optional email template parameter and an optional list of
attachments. It defaults back to the standard mezzanine behaviour.
I also created a custom send_verification_mail again allowing for the two
optional parameters above.

All is working as expected. However, I have got two questions:

1. Is my approach the best approach?
2. Is an enhancement I created considered as something useful for Mezzanine
or is it too specialized? I considered as usedful I would be willing to
create a PR for mezzanine to add those features.

Looking forward to your thoughts on this

Chris