I'm wondering if there is a reason
mezzanine.core.auth_backends.MezzanineBackend doesn't support
case-insensitive usernames for logging in?
mezzanine.accounts.forms.ProfileForm enforces case-insensitive username
uniqueness when registering, so it seems like it would be natural to allow
them for logging in. It feels to me like a bug that it doesn't.

I bring this up because I've had users of my site write to me bewildered
that they can't log in, and then it turns out they had capitalization in
their username and just assumed that it wouldn't matter, as is the case on
other sites.

If others do not agree that it is a bug, perhaps adding a setting for this
would be appropriate. In any case I would be happy to work on a PR if there
is agreement on a change.